School of Transborder Studies
Transborder Studies General Scholarship
The general scholarship is on a need-based only. Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of approximately $300 each.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Applicants may be incoming freshmen, undergraduate students or graduate students in the School of Transborder Studies
- Must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours during the awarded semester
- No residency requirement
Application deadline passed
Wells Fargo Transborder Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies Research Scholarship
Approximately three to six $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to graduate students during the academic year. Graduate students engaging in research must be working with an STS faculty or faculty affiliate. Research must be relevant to transborder and transnational Latina/o and Chicana/o issues.
Minimum Requirements for graduate students:
- Degree-seeking graduate student at Arizona State University
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Must be engaged in transborder and/or transnational Latina/o and/or Chicana/o research; directly supporting the mission of the School of Transborder Studies
- Must be working with an STS faculty or faculty affiliate
Application Deadline passed
Department of Psychology
The Martha E. Bernal Memorial Scholarship Award Endowment
The Bernal Award is named in honor and in memory of Martha E. Bernal, who became the first Latina to receive a PhD in psychology in the United States. As a tribute to Martha, family members, friends and colleagues established this Fund as a means of supporting the continuation of her innovative work on ethnic identity development and for her advocacy in preparing psychologists to serve ethnic minority populations. Scholarships are awarded to students in the Department of Psychology, the School of Transborder Studies, the T. Denny Sanford School of Social and Family Dynamics, Linguistics, or any other social science discipline relevant to minority mental health issues (broadly defined).
Please visit the Department of Psychology Doctoral Fellowships & Awards web page for details.
Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA) Funding
GPSA offers a variety of funding such as research grant programs, travel grant programs, awards, funding and childcare subsidy. Please visit their website for additional information, application, and deadlines: https://gpsa.asu.edu/funding/
The Graduate College has a comprehensive list of funding opportunities for graduate students that range from TA/RA funding, distinguished awards, fellowships, local and national scholarships. Please visit https://graduate.asu.edu/pay-for-college